Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pregnancy pain sucks...

So as of right now I am 27 weeks pregnant with my 5th pregnancy but my 4th child (I had a miscarriage between pregnancies 1 and 2; well technically 1 and 3). Anyway, I have experienced heartburn through all of my pregnancies and fatigue for that matter. But with this one I can't sleep (bad), I have no weird cravings (good), no morning sickness (good), and heartburn (bad). Okay, so the no weird cravings and no morning sickness (and heartburn as mentioned before) I have had through all of my pregnancies too. But the sleep thing really sucks. Plus I have experienced round ligament pain, which isn't fun but usually stops within a few seconds after sneezing, coughing, or laughing...
Now, at 27 weeks and pregnant with my last child, I am experiencing a whole new pain. Here comes the TMI portion, in case you may not want to read it...
I am having issues walking, rolling out of bed, lifting a leg (either leg) to put on my pants, underwear or any other bottoms I am wearing that day, spreading my legs to wipe after I go to the bathroom, getting off the couch, or any other mundane task that you would think is normally fairly easy to do! I called the doctor this evening to find out if it is something serious or not and she said she thinks my baby girl is just laying on a nerve. However, it literally feels like someone punched me between the legs! It hurts where my legs meet my pelvis (like the insides of my thighs) and all along the cervix/vagina internally, as well as, feeling bruised externally to the touch! (As I said, this may be the TMI portion.)
I have tried Tylenol, resting, elevating my legs, changing positions, sleeping with a pillow under my belly and one between my legs, a hot bath, AND NOTHING WORKS!
Anyway, the doctor said she thinks baby may just be laying on a nerve and I should just take it easy...
That is soooo much easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment