Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pampering myself

Today, I am going to pamper myself ;o) The Fly Lady says that each day you should get dressed to your shoes (and not just any shoes, LACE-UP shoes!!!). This includes your face and hair! No heels, no slippers, no slip-ons, no sandals, no shoes that are hard to work in or easy to slip off. She does this because of something she learned when working for a direct sales makeup company (which I did, too, heard the same things...I just didn't believe them until now). The Fly Lady says, "The reason behind this duty was that you act differently when you have clothes and shoes on. You are more professional. The customer can tell when you don’t feel good about the way you look. So, if getting dressed makes that big of an impression on someone that can’t even see you, then what is it going to do to those who can see you. Mainly yourself." So today, I am going to dye my hair, pamper my legs with a recipe I found through Megan who is in the United States Air Force, put on a little bit of makeup (I think a little bit can go a long way), and getting dressed to my shoes!
 
This is the before picture of my face and hair. My legs are hairy and I am currently just hanging out in my mismatched socks, T-shirt, and capris. I will post a picture later this evening of my after photo.
So remember, just taking a day to pamper yourself can change your whole outlook on how you feel about your home, your situation, your life, or even yourself. Build that self-esteem, ladies! I know I will be ;o)
 
 
Are there any routines you do daily that make you feel better about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment