Sunday, May 5, 2013

Feeling unaccomplished...

So I know that most people lie in their blog posts and brag of things they have accomplished during the day, but I'm here to do just the opposite...
I had plans to "Shine my Sink" today. The Fly Lady tells you step by step how to shine your sink in a little over an hour and it seems sooo easy! However, today, my pregnancy got the best of me. I had motivation and energy, sat down and wrote my morning blog, got all ready to take care of my sink...and then it hit me. That pain in the lower right quadrant of your belly telling you that you need to sit down and not move for the remainder of the day. I got dizzy and extremely tired I thought, "If I stand at that sink and even remotely start what my plans were, I am going to pass out just from pure pain and exhaustion." So I didn't do anything and my house looks like we were hit by the bomb that hit Hiroshima!
I'm feeling like I let my family and myself down even though they understand that I'm pregnant and can't always do what I set my mind to. I am going to get some more rest, crochet a towel that will only be used to shine my sink and start over tomorrow. Wish me luck!!!
Have there been times when things you really wanted to do had to be put on the back burner? Did you learn from it? Did you push through it? Did you feel unaccomplished?

No comments:

Post a Comment