Monday, May 6, 2013

Motivated!!!

 

Okay, so I didn't sleep well last night because of having so much heartburn I was literally breathing fire! However, today I am feeling motivated to clean! I am a little late on my blogging because I actually took time this morning for myself to rest and gain that energy that I need to get me through today ;o)

So, first things first, I have my children cleaning the living room today and, so far, it is going smoothly. I have implemented a new thing that I heard about on Pinterest! A man (yes, ladies, a man...) wrote a party cleaning schedule that tells you to set a timer for 10 minutes and start your task. Now, in his schedule, he goes from room to room. So you would start in the kitchen and clean it for 10 minutes. Then when the timer is up (you can finish the task you were on...if it's small. i.e. drying a plate, wiping a counter, etc), you move on to the next section. With his schedule, it's the bathroom. Reset your timer for 10 minutes and get to work. When the timer is up, move to the next section (which is the living room). Reset again for 10 minutes and do what you do. Now...after that 10 minutes is up, you get a 10 minute break. Drink water, grab a snack, rest, whatever it is you need to do but in that 10 minute period, DON'T CLEAN! When your 10 minute break is done you head back to the kitchen, reset the timer, and start all over. Simple as that! Continue doing those 3 rooms until you are satisfied with the way they look but only working 10 minutes at a time, with a break every 30 minutes, so you don't get overwhelmed! Remember, I haven't mentioned floors yet. Once you are satisfied with the overall look of each of these rooms you can do your floors. You sweep for 10 minutes, vacuum for 10 minutes, mop for 10 minutes, rest. Do that in each room until you are satisfied with how your floors look and VOILA! you're done.

Now, since my kids are only cleaning the living room I have delegated the 10 minute timer but they are to do one task per that 10 minutes. So they will spend 10 minutes ensuring everything is in a pile, 10 minutes getting rid of the trash, 10 minutes picking up toys, rest...etc.

Since I have my living room being taken care of, I am going to tell you what my plans are for the day. Last night, I crocheted myself a sponge and I am in the process of finishing a dishtowel (which should take me no more than 30 minutes to finish...once I'm off the computer, of course ;oP). I am going to use those tools and shine my sink! While my sink soaks I am going to implement the 10 minute rule for myself and set to the task of cleaning my kitchen. Depending on how well my new sponge and towel do, I may spend this evening making one for each bathroom in my house as well so that they are on hand and I won't have to constantly leave that room in search of a towel or sponge to clean that space when I'm in it!

I don't have a before picture of my living room as the kids have started before I could get one...but believe me...it was MESSY!!! I will have pictures up tonight of the finished product of my living room as well as before/after pictures of my sink. Wish me luck!!!

Do you have a cleaning schedule you stick to? Have you ever implemented time limits to help yourself not be so overwhelmed?

No comments:

Post a Comment