Saturday, May 4, 2013

Cleaning Schedules Rule My World!!!

First things first, my kitchen is the only thing that got clean today ;oP My back started hurting, baby is sitting on a nerve somewhere low in my belly, and my round ligament pain is back...SO needless to say, not much cleaning got done today. "To err is human", right? But while I was resting I decided it was a good time to learn more about blogging and research what I promised I was going to talk about this evening...CLEANING!!!




So after doing a little research and A LOT of note taking, I decided to create my own Home Management Binder. But that's not exactly what this post is about. In the binder I am planning on making/putting together for myself, there will be a section on cleaning. I want to incorporate some sort of cleaning schedule and, since there are about a bijillion (not an exact count...lol) that you can find on Pinterest, I decided that I am going to highlight 3 of the KINDS of schedules you can use.



The first one I found was on Two things in common by Angie! She gives you a printable version of DEEP CLEANING by month. She shows you what things she cleans once a month for all 12 months of the year! This is helpful because you don't ALWAYS have to deep clean everything. As a matter of fact, most of us only surface clean all year around and deep clean for spring cleaning... That can get overwhelming to say the least! Trying to cram all of you hard cleaning for a week out of the year or even a month? Why stress out when you can do one thing each month!



Another way to approach cleaning is to do one thing per week. Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage does just that! She offers a printable checklist where she focuses on one item (like organizing all desk drawers) each week of the year and does it for 30 minutes! Now I know that not everyone can accomplish all of their chores in 30 minutes. BUT if you choose to, say, clean out your desk drawers and do it for 30 minutes on Monday but don't accomplish all of it on that day, you can do another 30 minutes on Tuesday or Wednesday until that task is complete!!!



Last, but not least is shown to you by Randa @ The Bewitchin' Kitchen and, of course, this is a Spring Cleaning schedule ;o) Her schedule shows you what to tackle during your spring cleaning! Her schedule shows by section and then chore, gives a section where you can put in the date it was completed (for future reference), and it even comes with a WHO section so that you can delegate the chores so that you're not stuck doing them all!



There are soooo many different types of cleaning schedules out there. There are ones for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, every 2, 3, or 6 months, even yearly! These were just 3 that I thought would show how different everyone is when they clean! Now go on Pinterest, search cleaning, organization, or even cleaning schedules and jot down what you want to accomplish and how often. Then log into either Excel or Word and get busy customizing your own (which is what I did) or find blank/customizable printables on Pinterest as well!! I hope this helps those who are trying to figure out a way to clean. I will post more on this subject in the future ;o)

 
***ALL pictures found in this post were found on Bing.com images, not created by me or taken off the websites listed above***


No comments:

Post a Comment